Welcome to Birth’s Journey, natural childbirth education classes, serving Colorado Springs and the Pikes Peak Region!
My name is Laura Tefertiller, and I am a Certified Childbirth Educator, a Certified Lactation Educator, a Certified Postpartum Doula, and La Leche League Leader. I have also been trained as a Labor Doula and as such, I believe in the natural process of birth and trust in a woman’s ability to birth her baby.
Birth’s Journey natural childbirth classes provide education on natural childbirth while cultivating confidence in your body and empowerment of the birth process.
Labor and birth are intense, hard work and each woman’s experience of birth is unique. Birth’s Journey childbirth classes will give you the tools you will need to work with your body during the process of giving birth. You will gain strength, confidence, and knowledge so that you can make your own best choices at each point along the way.
Birth’s Journey childbirth classes incorporate techniques from Lamaze, The Bradley Method, Hypnobirthing, Active Birth, and the philosophies of Shelia Kitzinger and midwife Ina May Gaskin.
Pregnancy and birth are a magical time in a woman’s life, a time to celebrate her bodily wisdom and tune into her intuitive sense to birth. I wish for you and your family a peaceful, informed, and empowering birth.
Good luck as you travel down the road to “Birth’s Journey!”
What distinguishes Birth’s Journey birth classes from other childbirth classes?
- Birth’s Journey childbirth classes follow the philosophy of “women-centered” birth encouraging mom to follow her instincts
- Birth’s Journey childbirth classes are designed to teach mom’s Birth Partner everything they will need to know to be supportive, helpful, and encouraging during the labor and birth process
- Birth’s Journey childbirth classes empower parents to trust in the natural process of birth
- Birth’s Journey childbirth classes teach you how to work with the challenges of labor
- Birth’s Journey childbirth classes will arm you with confidence and knowledge so you can make active choices to create a positive and empowering birth experience
- Birth’s Journey childbirth classes offer a holistic approach to birth